After about 10 years of Magento 1, Magento 2 was released to target many of Magento 1’s shortcomings by leveraging the experience gained from many years of community feedback. Following is the short list of some of the most major issues that have been fixed in Magento 2.
Introduced plugins To Resolve Extension conflicts:
- In Magento 1 issue comes when two or more extensions try to rewrite the same functionality. This has to be resolved manually and its was very time taking job to determine where the conflict is and how to fix it so that any conflicting extensions are fully functional.
- Magento 2 introduces plug-ins that can overlap the code instead of overwriting it. This significantly reduces the chance of code conflicts.
Magento 1 Large Class Files:
- Mostly Classes in Magento 1 was too large so large size it made it difficult to quick trace the core functionality of its functions. An architectural decision inherited from less enterprise grade platforms, at last it became a problem as additional functionality was packed on in later releases.
- Magento 2 introduced dependency injection to solved this problem by using: abstracting out the dependencies of a class to make it lighter weight and easier to read.
Magento 2 Platform Quick Review:
- Easy installation and upgradation
- Improved Performance and scaliblity
- Streamlined Customization
- Simplified external integration
It depends on how you define better, but in the majority of situations (security, performance, features, and customer experience) yes, Magento 2 is better than Magento 1.